Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sandpaper... the bane of my existence.

It has taken me weeks to prepare my first project, a vintage settee found at garage sale for $15 (pictures coming soon). People who do this as a living were right when they said that ripping off old upholstery, sanding, filling scratches, and repairing wear and tear was the most time consuming part of the process. 

I don't work with my hands, EVER. I like to have pretty painted nails and my hands are as soft as a baby's bottom. When I got my first callus from my cute little palm sander, it was like my own little badge of honor. I was doing something on my own and in a few days I was going to reap the benefits. 

Well that few days has turned into a few weeks and my poor settee is still sitting on my back porch waiting to be finished. Within an hour of sanding, I had ripped through my only two sheets of medium grit sand paper. 

As I said before, this is a learn as I go process and it looks like I have a lot more to learn. 

Suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment